Sunday, February 17, 2013

Welcome....

Welcome to Studio 714's photography blog. Here I will share tips, tricks, tid-bits about recent shoots...etc. First off I will share a little about myself so you can get to know me a bit better.

My name is Kimberly Meadows. Single mother of two amazing children Grant and Maia. I live in a very tiny rural town in SE Indiana. I am 35 years old (soon to be 36)and have learned a lot of valuable lessons throughout all of those 35 years. I was a stay at home mom for a very long time. My son has Down Syndrome and his needs were very great, this didn't allow me to work outside of the home. I am not really the type of person to just sit idly by and watch life pass me up. I needed something for me, to fill my soul and allow me to be creative. In 2010 I attended a photography class at Diamond Oaks Vocational school...that is where this crazy ride began. I fell in love, I couldn't shoot enough. At that point in my life I needed something and I thought...what do I have to loose by chasing this dream? I had no formal training, no school, no mentor...just me and my little Fuji Fine pix camera. I started shooting everything, I learned my camera and I played. That Christmas my husband bought me my first DSLR camera. A Canon Rebel T1i...I was thrilled! Learning about this type of camera was exciting and challenging. I did shoot after shoot after shoot. In 2010 I opened Studio 714 on nothing but a wing and a prayer. I felt this was the path I needed to take and it was a now or never type of thing. Looking back at my work from that time I see how very much my work has grown. I see how much I have grown as a photographer. I did it on my own, no help...no words of wisdom. I simply knew this was the path I had to take so I did. Now, a few years later I have my work published, I have won awards, I have been asked to teach, speak, show my work...I have accomplished a great deal. The photographers I looked up to are now asking me for tips and advice. Never in a million years did I see myself here, at this moment where I am somebody in this crazy world of photography. I have had many trials, many set backs...I have wanted to quit, I have cried and I have had my doubts...but I kept going and never took no for an answer. I look forward to the next shoot, the next big idea. I look forward to seeing how far I can go with my work. Most of all, I look forward to sharing my knowledge and accomplishments with all of you :) My advice to all who are going down this path with me...never quit. NEVER believe that you can't live your dream. Your the only one standing in your way...believe in yourself and the rest will fall into place.  

Much love xoxo
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment